Shakya Kumara is a leadership trainer and executive coach, specialising in:
- Brief Mindfulness. Shakya has 25 years of personal mindfulness practice. He is an accredited Mindfulness trainer, with rigorous training from Mindful Academy and Bangor University. His innovative mindfulness training helps even the busiest people reduce stress and boost focus.
- Time Mastery. Shakya is the developer of the iFLOW model of “time management you’ve got time for” – which has been trained in Asia, Australasia, and around Europe. This works by tailoring time improvements for each individual – small steps that make a big difference.
- Negotiation. As the developer of the “ART” and “MAGIC” models of “Agreement Focused Negotiation” (also trained internationally), Shakya is particularly well placed to help develop negotiation skills and prepare for particularly tricky negotiation.
- Performance Management – that actually improves performance! As well as coaching managers in this key ongoing skill, Shakya consults on optimising systems and training so that people start to look forward to appraisal meetings!
- Delegation is a crucial tool in any manager’s toolkit. Shakya’s approach combines Covey’s Stewardship model with a Solution Focused approach, into a crisp 4 part model.
- Coaching Skills for Managers. A coaching management style develops people at the same time as bringing out optimal engagement and performance. In association with www.sfwork.com, Shakya trains groups of managers in “Solution Focused” coaching skills.
Immensely helpful – Mindfulness gives me much more “real-time” awareness of my thoughts and emotions. It also releases the creative part of my mind, and enables me to be more focused on the impact I’m seeking to achieve. Paul Zollinger-Read, Chief Medical Officer, BUPA
Using the methods Shakya taught us, we’ve been able to cut our project planning workshops with customers from 3 or 4 days down to 1 day. Not only that, we can do things with our customers that we could never do before.
Jonas Lundin, Hi5 IT Consultancy, Sweden.
Shakya really loves a challenge – and as a coach he works by helping people to discover strengths they didn’t realise they had, and ways forward they didn’t think possible. So if you’ve got a really tough situation and you’ve tried everything else, Shakya would love to hear from you!
“Shakya’s warm, genuine approach helped me feel comfortable, open up and really use the coaching sessions well”, Jane Baker, NHS Manager
Shakya’s background ranges from blue-sky software research to leadership and management, from charities to multinationals, from retail to high-technology. His recent clients include BUPA, Sheffield University, the UK National Health Service, Hi5 (a Swedish IT consultancy) and the National Australia Bank.
“High energy and enthusiasm that is infectious and phenomenally productive. I thoroughly recommend for any organisation or individual.” Steve Batson, Service Manager, Avon and Wiltshire Partnership NHS Trust
Outside of work, Shakya is a keen landscape photographer, and loves to relax in the peace and beauty of nature.
“It was pure joy to be led by you at the conference, undoubtedly the finest I have experienced. I do hope for the chance to spend time with you again,” Forest Paget MBA, Solomon Theatre Company
To find out how Shakya can best help you with your most pressing issues, call him on +44-1223-969169, or email email@example.com.