Reduce Stress and Boost Focus - in just 2 minutes per day!
Mindfulness increases well-being and performance in a variety of ways:
- Well-Being: reduces stress, improves immune function, reduces blood pressure and increases enjoyment (both inside and outside of work)
- Cognitive: Mindfulness generates a clearer focus and the ability to sustain it for longer. It improves memory, boosts creative problem solving skills
- Emotional: Mindfulness also boosts emotional awareness, emotional intelligence and relationship skills
- Organisational: Mindfulness also boosts engagement, satisfaction and decision-making
- Leadership: Mindful Leaders produce improvement in performance, job satisfaction, psychological need satisfaction and organisational citizenship in their staff
I've tried many different types of mindfulness for the workplace, but I was amazed that Brief Mindfulness could be that brief and that effective. I've been using it on a daily basis ever since
Global Health and Wellbeing Clinical Lead, BT
Brief Mindfulness is optimised for busy leaders, managers and professionals in high-pressure, rapidly changing organisations. It emphasises practical tools for bringing mindfulness right into the heart of a busy working day. For example:
- The “Reconnect” tool makes mindfulness accessible in 30 seconds, without closing your eyes or changing your posture
- “Targeted Mindfulness” addresses a specific stressor in 4 minutes, dramatically reducing stress and removing the mental “drag” that can interfere with optimal performance under pressure. It can also be done with your eyes open, while sitting at your desk in the normal way.
- Brief Mindfulness emphasises the integration of mindfulness into purposeful activity, so that activity is performed in a more efficient and effective way, saving time and boosting energy.
I think the Reconnect is the most powerful tool I have ever learned. From using it on a high ropes course to redesigning a workshop on the fly today, to just everyday life. Wow, what a difference it makes. Thank you for teaching it to me!
CEO and Workshop Facilitator at Yes! And...
Brief Mindfulness Training
Brief Mindfulness training combines live training workshops with lightweight eLearning and personal eCoaching, so participants can embed Mindfulness in their busy working lives. Training can be Executive Coaching (1-1), for face-to-face in-house groups or live and interactive on-line.
The QuickStart programme consists of a 2 hour live workshop, followed by an email course and coaching. The course trainer is Shakya Kumara, founder of Brief Mindfulness.
In the 2 hour workshop, participants learn to:
- identify early signs of stress, and take action to prevent it developing
- tackle specific stressors – so they can regain initiative and dramatically reduce the stress caused by any given issue
- access resources in their brain that usually go untapped
- clarify immediate purpose and intention – so they can be more effective with less stress
- find more enjoyment in any given situation, and relax more easily at the end of the day
- build stress-prevention and stress-reduction into daily life
The workshop can be delivered in 3 different ways:
- Executive Coaching - this 1-1 format is especially suitable for senior leaders and managers who need training that's responsive to their specific needs and schedule, and prefer the discretion of private coaching. Coaching can be delivered face-to-face or over a video-link such as Zoom.
- In-House Groups of 6-16 participants
- Live and Interactive Online over Zoom or similar video-link software, providing an experience very much like a face-to-face training event, but without the hassles of travel. This is especially suitable for groups of participants from around the world. Group size is best limited to 11 in this format, to ensure individual attention over the online platform.
As well as these corporate workshops, I occasionally run public training events, usually live online interactive workshops. If you'd like to be notified about these, just leave your details here.
However the workshop is delivered, blended learning is used to help participants embed learning and practice into busy schedules:
Workshop: The main learning is in a 2 hour workshop.
Lightweight eLearning: the workshop is followed by a lightweight eLearning course, delivered by email. This helps participants implement learnings even amidst high pressure and rapid change. The emails are brief enough to be easily readable, yet substantial enough to make a real difference.
Personal eCoaching: Shakya Kumara (the course trainer and designer of Brief Mindfulness) is available by email to help with any questions, to make sure participants can get real benefit from the course. This personal support continues through the 3 week period and beyond.
I've tried mindfulness before, but it never clicked for me. But with your guidance and your amazing ability to connect us to our feelings and senses it just transformed the whole experience.
Executive Coach, Sweden
The results reported at the end of the 3 week programme are as follows:
- Response rate: 63%
- Did this course help you manage stress? 96% yes
- Did this course help you find more enjoyment? 69% yes
- Did this course help you be more focused / effective? 88% yes
I really enjoyed it, one of the best training sessions I have ever attended
School of Health and Related Research, Sheffield University
To make a booking, discuss your specific requirements or arrange a complimentary demonstration, contact Shakya Kumara on +44-1223-969169, or email email@example.com.
Thank you Shakya. It works. I am extremely busy AND extremely relaxed.
Team Leader, Landstinget Västmanland, Sweden