Mindfulness training delivers a range of benefits to individuals and organisations. The following have all been reported in peer-reviewed papers:
- Well-Being: Mindfulness reduces stress, improves immune function, reduces blood pressure and increases enjoyment (both inside and outside of work)
- Cognitive: Mindfulness generates a clearer focus, and the ability to sustain it for longer. It improves memory, boosts creative problem solving skills and accuracy of decision-making
- Emotional: Mindfulness also boosts emotional awareness, emotional intelligence and relationship skills
- Organisational: Mindfulness training leads to reductions in absenteeism and presenteeism, along with increases in employee engagement and staff satisfaction.
- Leadership: Mindful Leaders produce improvement in performance, job satisfaction, psychological need satisfaction and organisational citizenship in their staff
More and more organisations are now investing in mindfulness training - organisations such as Bupa, BT, Microsoft, VW Audi, Carlsberg, Unilever, KPMG, Axa, Google, eBay, the London Business School, Cambridge University and many others. In the UK Parliament, 25% of MPs are now trained in Mindfulness.
With Mindfulness, I’m calmer and more able to focus on the things that matter, even in a busy and demanding workplace. I am also better at dropping other issues without worrying about them. Mindfulness has helped create space in a busy life, and encouraged me to be the best I can be.
Transformation Director at EDF Energy
Brief Mindfulness training was developed especially for high-pressure, rapidly changing working environments. It emphasises practical tools for bringing mindfulness right into the heart of a busy working day. For example:
- The “Reconnect” tool makes mindfulness accessible in 30 seconds, without closing your eyes or changing your posture
- “Targeted Mindfulness” addresses a specific stressor in 4 minutes, dramatically reducing stress and removing the mental “drag” that can interfere with optimal performance under pressure. It can also be done with your eyes open, while sitting at your desk in the normal way.
- Brief Mindfulness emphasises the integration of mindfulness into purposeful activity, so that activity is performed in a more efficient and effective way, saving time and boosting energy.
Immensely helpful – Mindfulness gives me much more “real time” awareness of my thoughts and emotions. It also releases the creative part of my mind, and enables me to be more focused on the impact I’m seeking to achieve.
Chief Medical Officer, Bupa
Brief Mindfulness Training
Brief Mindfulness training is available for in-house groups, in an executive coaching 1-1 format, and in a live and on-line format (especially helpful for global organisations with participants spread all around the world).
All training programmes are carefully designed to support participants to embed their learnings into their busy working days. So not only are there live training workshops, but there is also a programme of lightweight eLearning following each workshop, to engage, inspire and motivate.
When people have breakthroughs in Mindfulness, the result is a step-change both in reducing stress and increasing effectiveness. However, these breakthroughs are often preceded by periods of "turbulence," in which people can think they're doing it wrong. At this point there is a risk of them giving up and therefore not getting the maximum benefit. For this reason, with Brief Mindfulness training the course trainer is always available by email to support the participants in their Mindfulness journeys.
Two main training programmes are available: Mindfulness QuickStart and Resilient Mindfulness. Taster sessions are also available.
The Mindfulness QuickStart helps participants reduce stress and boost focus - in just 2 minutes per day. This training programme consists of a 2 hour live workshop, followed by 3 weeks of lightweight eLearning.
This programme is suitable for all Leaders, Managers and Professionals who want a quick, easy and effective way to start reducing stress and boosting productivity.
For more details on the Mindfulness QuickStart programme, click here.
I really enjoyed it, one of the best training sessions I have ever attended
School of Health and Related Research, Sheffield University
The Resilient Mindfulness programme is for Leaders, Managers and Professionals facing constant challenge and change. It helps them develop their presence of mind and clarity of purpose, so they can handle even the most difficult situations more effectively and with less stress.
The Resilient Mindfulness training has 8 modules, covering the whole of Jon Kabat-Zinn's MBSR syllabus, but in a way that's optimised for rapidly changing, high pressure environments. Resilient Mindfulness can be learnt and embedded more quickly, easily and effectively. The training structure is also more flexible: organisations can schedule from one to eight modules, depending on the level of commitment and depth of transformation required.
For more details of the Resilient Mindfulness programme, click here.
I was amazed that it could be that brief and that effective. I've been using it on a daily basis ever since.
Global Health and Wellbeing Clinical Lead, BT