Improve your Coaching, Develop your Mind, Reduce your Stress
This a two hour programme for SF coaches – using Brief Mindfulness to develop your coaching and bring you the many personal benefits of mindfulness.
As a coach, mindfulness helps you to:
- Pay fuller attention to the verbal and non-verbal communication from your client
- Let go of the thoughts and emotions that distract you from what the client is saying
- Be more comfortable with the “not-knowing” stance of the Solutions Focused coach
- Prepare your mind for coaching - in less than a minute!
- Develop your ICF competencies of Co-Creating the Relationship, Establishing Trust and Intimacy, Coaching Presence and Active Listening.
I've tried mindfulness before but it never clicked for me. But with your guidance and your amazing ability to connect us to our feelings and senses it just transformed the whole experience.
Solutions Focused Coach, Sweden
Outside of coaching, mindfulness also helps:
- reduce stress,
- improve health,
- boost focus,
- develop creativity and decision making, and
- find more enjoyment in everyday life and work.
This is an introductory programme – you don’t need any experience of mindfulness to participate.
Immensely helpful – Mindfulness gives me much more “real time” awareness of my thoughts and emotions. It also releases the creative part of my mind, and enables me to be more focused on the impact I’m seeking to achieve.
Chief Medical Officer, Bupa
You will learn a number of Brief Mindfulness tools and practices:
- a basic Mindfulness Meditation practice (opening up all the benefits of mindfulness, from stress reduction and peace of mind right through to stronger focus and enhanced decision-making and creativity).
- the Brief Mindfulness "Reconnect" - to re-engage your mindfulness in 30 seconds, for example when preparing for a coaching session
- the Targeted Mindfulness technique - 4 minutes to take the sting out of even the most challenging stressor, reducing stress and developing a state of mind that's ready to make practical progress
- The "Cycle of Meditation," which makes meditation more accessible, helps you to let go of intruding thoughts and emotions, and so become fully engaged in coaching sessions
- an email Follow-up Course, to help you embed the learnings into your coaching practice and life in general
I think the Reconnect is the most powerful tool I have ever learned. From using it on a high ropes course to redesigning a workshop on the fly today, to just everyday life. Wow, what a difference it makes. Thank you for teaching it to me!
CEO and Workshop Facilitator at Yes! And...
Who is the course trainer?
The course trainer is Shakya Kumara – an Executive Coach, Solutions Focused Trainer, and the founder of Brief Mindfulness. He has 25 years experience with mindfulness in the workplace, 20 years experience with Solutions Focus in the workplace, and 12 years experience training people to coach.
Shakya has developed a number of training models that are in use around the world - as well as Brief Mindfulness, he is the creator of other Solutions Focused training models such as “iFLOW” Time Mastery and “MAGIC” Negotiation. He trains managers in Solutions Focused Coaching Culture, as part of Mark McKergow’s SFWork team, and trains new coaches as part of Kirsten Dierolf’s Solutions Academy.
Shakya has worked with leaders and coaches from organisations such as Bupa, PwC, Bain, Nestle, Microsoft, BT, Cambridge University, the UK National Health Service, Västmanland (Sweden) County Council, National Australia Bank, and many others around the world.
I was enthralled by your training - your style, the way you delivered it on-line, and the remarkable simplicity and effectiveness of your approach.
Global Health and Wellbeing Clinical Lead, BT
How does the training work?
The programme starts with a live on-line workshop. We use an interactive on-line classroom environment, so we can split off into pairs and small groups, just like a face-to-face training event.
You learn simple Brief Mindfulness practices you can start putting into practice immediately. They help you to reduce stress and get back in touch with a clear sense of purpose. The result is both more enjoyment and more effectiveness.
But one of the hardest things about mindfulness is remembering to do it. So this training includes 3 weeks of lightweight eLearning - brief daily reminders, hints, and tips to make sure the training really makes a difference.
As you put Mindfulness into practice, you'll also have the full support of the course trainer & Brief Mindfulness founder, Shakya Kumara. He is available by email for coaching, to help address any questions that come up for you, and make sure you can integrate Brief Mindfulness into your coaching practice and life in general.
Thank you for your emails. I have found the training really helpful - especially at times of stress and excessive workload, it helps profoundly
Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
How much is it?
The price for the 2 hour workshop and 3 week eLearning is £130 (or £95 for early-bird bookings). The price includes the workshop, course manual (in pdf format), and brief daily emails to remind and inspire. It also includes live email support throughout the course, and beyond, so if you ever get stuck with mindfulness practice I'll be on hand to answer your questions and help you find ways forward. (Breakthroughs in mindfulness are often preceded by a little "turbulence," so it's tempting for people to think they're doing something wrong and back off or give up. So in my view it's crucial to have an experienced mindfulness trainer available. That's why I'm always pleased to provide this service to anyone who's been on any of my courses).
I always offer a full money-back guarantee on all my trainings (which has never been called upon).
Refunds are available up to 7 days before the training. That means you can reserve your spot and remain flexible, if you go ahead and book now.
I really enjoyed it, one of the best training sessions I have ever attended
School of Health and Related Research, Sheffield University
When is it, and how do I book?
The next "Mindfulness QuickStart" workshop is scheduled for Monday 26th February at 16:00 - 18:00 UK time (click here for your time zone).
You can book your place using the form below:
Thank you Shakya. It works. I am extremely busy AND extremely relaxed.