"Zoom" is the best platform I've found for online training - the audio and video is a lot more stable than skype, and it includes a "breakout" rooms, so the training can be as much as possible like a face-to-face workshop.
As with other videoconferencing facilities, it has to download an app onto your computer (mac or pc). It's best to that in advance, so we can all start the workshop smoothly together.
So, please do the following:
- On the computer and internet connection you'll be using, go to https://zoom.us/download. Download & install the "zoom client for meetings"
- Having installed itself, the Zoom panel should pop up, and give you the option to "sign up."
- Sign up with email or facebook etc., creating a zoom account. (If you don't want to create an account you can use the Zoom test meeting room - but be aware that you may well find yourself on video with total strangers, which can feel a bit weird if you're not expecting it!)
- Test your video is working with zoom by following these instructions
- Test your computer audio is working with Zoom by following the same instructions as for video above, but go to "Audio" instead of video. Click on "Test Speaker" and then "Test Mic", to check they're both working.
Then you're all ready to go!